COVID 19: STAYING SAFE
How safety conscious are you?
Here are a few tips on how to stay security conscious.
While we’ve been encouraged and admonished to stay at home and practice social distancing, situations may arise that require you leaving the comfort of your home. The following steps can be taken to reduce your exposure to an attack:
• Be aware of your surroundings.
• Alert relevant authorities.
• Plan your route in advance. Carry a charged mobile phone and some cash, and tell someone where you’re going.
• Keep your valuables including your mobile phone, other devices and jewellery, hidden. Remember, out of sight, out of mind.
• When walking on the pavement, always face oncoming traffic, as it will make it far more difficult for thieves on two wheelers to ride up from behind and snatch your property. But
still also be aware of anyone approaching from ahead of you.